Intro to Cupping as a Manual Therapy
2 CEUs (NCBTMB)
Take your treatments to a new level by incorporating cupping as a manual therapy! Learn basic techniques for safe and innovative therapies that achieve amazing results and do not leave marks! This workshop includes theory and applications, with plenty of hands on activity to practice. You will also leave with new assessment skills that become fundamental to customizing the work for each person you treat.
- Verify contraindications to using cupping as a manual therapy.
- Utilize a solid set of evaluation criteria for assessments.
- Utilize observational skills for additional assessment.
- Identify the physiological effects of cupping as a manual therapy.
- Understand the potential reactions clients may experience.
- Learn three basic movements using the cup as manual therapy.
- Perform a treatment on the back and neck.
- List the after-care suggestions for clients.
Students will demonstrate proficiency in basic ACE Massage Cupping techniques and gain the ability to assess potential issues through a solid set of evaluation criteria and observation of tissue during the cupping treatment. Students will leave class with a basic routine to begin working, and knowledge of the effects of cupping as a manual therapy to customize treatments as they gain more experience.